MESA, Ariz. (3TV/CBS 5) — A Mesa program that helps low-income families with rent will begin accepting pre-applications starting next month. The City of Mesa Housing Authority has announced that it will open the waitlist for the Tenant-Based Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) online from Wednesday, August 17 at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, August 30 at 5 p.m. . will be fully online at www.mesaaz.gov/hcvwaitlist. Those who need to use paper applications will also be available.
The housing voucher program is federally funded and helps pay rent for people in need by contracting with private landlords and paying a portion of the family’s monthly rent. The city of Mesa will choose 4,000 pre-applications and put them on the waiting list by randomly selecting them by preference, officials said. Those not selected will need to reapply at another time.
Mesa Housing City staff will be at the locations below to assist with submitting applications on Wednesday, August 17, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mesa Public Library, Main Library, 64 E. 1st St.
- Mesa Public Library, Dobson Ranch, 2425 S. Dobson Road
- Mesa Public Library, Red Mountain, 635 N. Power Road
- MesaCAN, 635 E. Broadway Road (second floor)
- Paz de Cristo, 424 W. Broadway Road
- Save the Family, 125 E. University Drive
Copyright 2022 KTVK/KPHO. All rights reserved.