Residents say they are still left in the dark three weeks after an electrical fire broke out at an apartment building in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Resident Malcom Owens says it is the worst outage the building at 400 Herkimer St. has seen in decades.

“I feel the frustration and worries of my neighbor. Women and children can’t go to school like they’re supposed to or move around the house like they’re supposed to, ”he says.

Owens also relies on a defibrillator to keep him alive and says he’s had to take extreme measures for his health.

“I went to get a generator, just in case it broke again,” he says.

Gertrude Edwards, who has lived in the building for 10 years, has to take care of a 6-year-old child. She says the amount of food that spoiled during the blackout cost her hundreds of dollars.

Residents say they have filed more than 300 complaints with Housing Preservation and Development. Although construction appears to be underway in the building, residents say the problem is that the job is not getting done quickly enough and it is they who are suffering.

“We could use the extra help or bring in another team here to fix this problem faster,” says Owens.