Investigators identified the 88-year-old woman killed in a fire over the weekend on Monday that was blamed on an electric baseboard heater. Briget Doyle was one of two people injured in the fire Saturday at Chestnut Manor in Arlington, located at 54 Medford St. Doyle later died of her injuries, officials said. Arlington Fire Chief Kevin Kelley said the two-alarm fire at the Medford Street skyscraper was first reported shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday. A woman who lives on the third floor of the building called 911 and said a fire had started inside her. unity. Kelley said the fire spread, creating strong flames and thick black smoke inside the building. Kelley said a woman who lived in the unit where the fire started was taken to an area hospital for further medical evaluation. We expect her to be fine. Chestnut Manor provides subsidized housing for seniors and people with disabilities. According to Kelley, working sprinklers and smoke detectors inside the building kept the fire from getting any worse. Residents of 16 units are displaced due to smoke and water damage from the fire. Six of these units are on the third floor, six are on the second floor and four are on the first floor. “It’s a huge amount of damage,” said Geraldine Malone, a resident of Chestnut Manor who lives on the second floor. displaced residents have been taken in by other residents of Chestnut Manor, while some are being taken in by family members. According to the DFS, the fire was accidental and started with an electric baseboard heater that either malfunctioned or was near combustible items. State Fire Marshal Ostroskey said in a statement. “It’s important to keep curtains, bedding, clothing and other items that can burn at least three feet from a heat source.”

Investigators on Monday identified the 88-year-old woman killed in a fire over the weekend that was traced to an electric baseboard heater.

Briget Doyle was one of two people injured in Saturday’s fire at Chestnut Manor in Arlington, located at 54 Medford St. Doyle later died of her injuries, officials said.

Arlington Fire Chief Kevin Kelley said the two-alarm fire at the Medford Street skyscraper was first reported shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday.

A woman who lives on the third floor of the building called 911 and said a fire had broken out in her unit. Kelley said the fire spread, creating strong flames and thick black smoke inside the building.

Kelley said a woman who lives in the unit where the fire started was transported to an area hospital for further medical evaluation. We expect her to be fine.

Chestnut Manor provides subsidized housing for seniors and people with disabilities. According to Kelley, working sprinklers and smoke detectors inside the building kept the fire from getting any worse.

Residents of 16 units are displaced due to smoke and water damage from the fire. Six of these units are on the third floor, six are on the second floor and four are on the first floor.

“It’s a huge amount of damage,” said Geraldine Malone, a resident of Chestnut Manor who lives on the second floor.

Many displaced residents have been taken in by other residents of Chestnut Manor, while some are being housed by family members.

According to DFS, the fire was accidental and started with an electric baseboard heater that either malfunctioned or was near combustible items.

“Home heating is the second leading cause of residential fires and historically they are most common in January,” state fire marshal Ostroskey said in a statement. “It’s important to keep curtains, bedding, clothing and other items that can burn at least three feet from a heat source.”